[Asterisk-Users] Digium TDM400P vs Sangoma A200 for 2 x FXO

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Mon May 1 13:43:43 MST 2006

Nick Chalk wrote:

>Evening all.
>
>I'm looking at building an Asterisk system for one
>of the projects of the Charity where I'm the
>SysAdmin.
>
>The project has two analogue phone lines - BT
>Featureline Compact, we're in the UK - that I'd
>like Asterisk to handle.
>
>My current quandary is which FXO interface to use.
>I've been looking at the Digium TDM400P and
>Sangoma A200, which are similar prices for two FXO
>lines. Can anyone comment on the relative merits
>of those two devices? Are there any other options
>in the same price range?
>
>As we're a small Charity, price is a major
>consideration. I don't think we can afford the
>A200's hardware echo-canceller, for instance.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Nick.

Nick:

If you aren't going for the echo cancellation, then I think either card
will do fine.We have over twenty five systems deployed in rural eastern
North Carolina locations with six analog lines each and the majority
work fine with TDM400s, though we have had to replace several with
Sangoma A200 with echo cancellation to eliminate echo. We are now
deploying only the A200 because we never know if echo will be an issue
or if it can be "tuned" away and it is just easier for support to not
have that worry.

Mike Clark