[Asterisk-Users] FreePBX in production?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Mon May 1 12:49:27 MST 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Kerry Garrison wrote:

> 	> There are still some basic things missing (for example if you
> don't use
> 	> voicemail it is not possible to set a destination for the call if
> not
> 	> answered, you have to create a ring group for each extension to
> work
> 	> around it, this is a major issue)
>
> 	Remco - take a look at the Follow Me module I added. It is basically
> a presonal ring group for each extension. If you want to do the above, just
> define the Follow-Me settings to ring your own extension (or more if you
> want) and then choose any destination you want. It effectively does 'creat a
> ring group for each extensions' that wants one, but it does it in such a way
> as to be separate and work side by side with normal ringgroups, and there is
> a direct link between it and the extension (or user) so that navigation is
> very easy as you can bounce back and forth with a single mouse click.

Sounds very interesting, and looks like a good solution to the problem.

I believe that many of the "shortcomings" of FreePBX are caused by lack of
documentation, i.e. you do not immediately see how to solve a certain
problem.

Thanks to all the develeopers for all the work they are putting
in FreePBX!

I'll have a look at the new functions, thanks!