[Asterisk-Users] auto-dail for ZAP channel, the application gets executed before the call attended

Michael Silveus mike at jacklighter.com
Mon May 1 10:41:21 MST 2006

I'm still trying to accomplish the same thing and a solution might come from
Newman Telecom but I'm still waiting to see. Note: I have no affiliation
with Newman Telecom but they're application code appears to be the closest
to what I'm looking for.

The problem is because asterisk needs a way of emulating answer supervision
on the FXO circuit, which it does not currently have. If you tested your
callout on a local extension or VOIP it works because it traps events
internally for all extensions. But once you do a handoff to an outside line
that's the end of asterisk knowledge base until someone out there creates an
addon patch to do answer supervision for those outside lines. The problem is
that world wide there is no standard signaling tones for ringing, busy, fax,
answering machines, etc. The indications file does a great job of defining
the basics but let's say you're in the US so * is defined for US but if you
are calling internationally the ring back tones you receive will vary
greatly.

Mike