[Asterisk-Users] newbie-too much latency

Ryder Brook ryderbrook09 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 07:32:30 MST 2006

Yes, Sir/Madam, that was it.
 I, now, have immediate=yes,faxdetect=no in zapata.conf
 Picks up immediately.
 Thanks,
 -SB

Lacy Moore - Aspendora <aspendora at gmail.com> wrote: It looks like it could be Asterisk generating ringing tones waiting for a fax signal.

 On 5/1/06, Ryder Brook <ryderbrook09 at yahoo.com> wrote:  I tried that, usecallerid=no, didn't help.

I discovered that IRQ 5 is shared with an nVidia card, and that may be the problem.
-br

Time Bandit <timebandit001 at gmail.com > wrote:  > The latency is very high, in that, it picks up after 8 rings. I don't know
> what I can tune to reduce to 2 or 3 rings. If it's of any help , I am
> posting a section of the log :

Do you get CallerID on that line ?

If, in zapata.conf, you have it set to get the CallerID
(usecallerid=yes) and the line is not providing it, asterisk will wait
 some time trying to get it. Usually, the CallerID is sent between the
first and second ring.

Try to disable it (usecallerid=no) and see if that help

hth

Lacy Moore

Ryder Brook Pediatrics
P.O.Box 608