[Asterisk-Users] Mitel 3300 PRI problems

John Fulton jfulton at arctic.net
Fri Mar 31 17:33:38 MST 2006

We are attempting to interface Asterisk with a Mitel 3300.

Initially we tried FXO Ground start T1 and had many problems with
that. Even spend 5 hours on the phone with a Digium engineer and were
unable to get it working right.

Next we turned it up as an E&M T1 and that actually worked great. No
problems at all.

Now we are testing a T1 PRI configuration and have been unable to get
it to work right. We tried different switchtype configurations. We
are back to "national" (NI-2). I am setup as pri_net. And I know that
is working right because if I set the PRI for pri_cpe, I get error
messages in the log that the remote end thinks it's a cpe and to
change the signalling.

When a call it placed to the PRI, I get nothing. No answer, no data
across the D channel, yet the Mitel says it is successfully grabbing
a trunk in it's debugs.

I turned up pri intense debug span and the ONLY thing I get is the
following over and over again. It seems to be at regular intervals
and I see nothing else even when I place a call from the Mitel to the
Asterisk server. Any ideas? Here's the debug output:

T203 counter expired, sending RR and scheduling T203 again
Sending Receiver Ready (115)

 > [ 02 01 01 e7 ]

 > Supervisory frame:
 > SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
 >  TEI: 000        EA: 1
 > Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
 > N(R): 115 P/F: 1
 > 0 bytes of data
-- Restarting T203 counter

< [ 02 01 01 e7 ]

< Supervisory frame:
< SAPI: 00  C/R: 1 EA: 0
<  TEI: 000        EA: 1
< Zero: 0     S: 0 01: 1  [ RR (receive ready) ]
< N(R): 115 P/F: 1
< 0 bytes of data
-- ACKing all packets from 114 to (but not including) 115
-- Since there was nothing left, stopping T200 counter
-- Stopping T203 counter since we got an ACK
-- Nothing left, starting T203 counter
-- Got RR response to our frame
-- Restarting T203 counter

---------------- http://www.telalaska.com -----------------
TelAlaska, Inc.                                 John Fulton
201 E 56th Ave.                    Senior Network Architect
Anchorage, Alaska                 Cisco Certified CCNA/CCDA
99518                               Microsoft Certified MCP
907 563 2003                        A+ Certified Technician
Fax 550 1646                             jfulton at arctic.net
Interior Telephone Company         Mukluk Telephone Company
Eyecom Cable                        TelAlaska Long Distance
TelAlaska Networks                Seward Net and Arctic Net