[Asterisk-Users] OT: ad-hoc polycom network

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Mar 31 12:54:41 MST 2006

In futzing with my contact directory on my polycom 501s, I realized I
could put 'username at another_phone_ipaddress' to call the other phone --
without even touching the asterisk server.  I suspect my phone (and the
remote phone) don't even have to be registered to an asterisk server, as
the username@ part doesn't seem to have to match what the the remote
phone is actually registerd to * with, for the call to through...

but it takes a second or so longer for the call to be acknowledged and
start ringing than it does if asterisk is in the signalling path.

madness!
--
Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC