[Asterisk-Users] * Meetme Freeze patch found

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Fri Mar 31 11:22:17 MST 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 20:17, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> On Friday 24 March 2006 16:05, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > Apparently there is a patch for those 1.2.4/5 MeetMe Freezes:
> >
> > http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5884
> >
> > Haven't tried it out yet.
>
> I can now confirm: No freezes/crashes anymore since I applied the patch.

It is still possible to crash the Asterisk machine, at least with Asterisk
1.2.4 and the patch applied:

1. use iLBC codec
2. dial into conference
3. while Allison talks to you, put line on hold
4. repeat steps 2 and 3 several times

On our production machine, Allision's voice starts to be choppy on the fifth
channel and the machine freezes after answering the sixth channel.

I had no time to analyze this more thoroughly, but disallowing iLBC fixed the
problem, so it might also be an iLBC codec problem.

Cheers,
Henning Holtschneider
--
LocaNet oHG - http://www.loca.net