[Asterisk-Users] cannot set outgoing cid

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 08:30:23 MST 2006

Hi Sebastian -

> sorry for the long debug output below. I configured Asterisk with AMP to send
> the whole number including the extensions of the callers to the called party.
> Whatever I configure in AMP it looks like it is used, In my eyes it is ok, but
> doesn't seem to work.
>
> 033811234451 is the call id i configured, and it seems to use them, but the
> caller will only see a 0338189040 instead of my extension.
>
> any hint to what could be wrong is greatly appreciated.

There's no greeat trick to it.  Your provider just has to support it.
My PRI provider here in the US allows me to set my CID, but it has to
fall exactly within certain parameters:  it has to be 9 digits and
within my DID block.  If it doesn't fit those parameters, the provider
will just blank out the caller ID.  As I understand it, the policies
of various providers vary greatly, and some providers won't allow you
to set CID at all.

- Noah