[Asterisk-Users] IAXY codec support and questions..

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 31 07:57:28 MST 2006

Hi..

I have to setup an extension in a remote location that will use a
cordless analog telephone.. I am looking at the IAXY to do this for
me..Basically the data path will be as follows...

[Asterisk] == (NAT) == {Internet} == (NAT) == ATA -- Handset

Since there are two NAT boxes in the path I know SIP won't work.. I also
don't want to move the Asterisk box to the internet side of the NAT box,
not only from the security perspective but also the potential issues
with the already configured SIP phones that connect to it locally..

So as far as getting over the NAT problem the IAXY seems the way to go..

To save bandwidth I would like to stay away from using the G.711
codecs.. Does the IAXY support GSM or iLBC? I couldn't find anything in
the docs..

Thanks for any suggestions or input on this setup.. Also any reviews on
the IAXY are welcome..