[Asterisk-Users] Re: How is Teliax ?

Brent Torrenga lists at torrenga.com
Fri Mar 31 07:39:48 MST 2006

We use them for origination over IAX. At first we had callee's reporting
that our voice was choppy to them, while the callee has always sounded fine
on our end. I made that problem go away by introducing traffic shaping at
our firewall.

They have a "bug", whereby on their website you can set the codecs allowed
to be used by your account, on both SIP and IAX, but that the settings to do
stick. So, say, you are trying to setup your account, and you tell TelIAX
not to allow ulaw. Maybe later on you do want to use ulaw, so you set your
account at TelIAX to allow it, but it doesn't effect any change. ...in order
to fix it you must hound their techs for a few days to reset your account.
MORAL OF THE STORY: ALWAYS LEAVE EVERY CODEC _ON_ AT THE TELIAX WEBSITE. USE
YOUR IAX.CONF/SIP.CONF TO NEGOTIATE THE CODEC.

I recommend them, just not their codec selection website interface, which an
asterisk user probably doesn't need anyways.

Sincerely,

Brent A. Torrenga
brent.torrenga at torrenga.com

Torrenga Engineering, Inc.