[Asterisk-Users] Re: How is Teliax ?

asterisk at anime.net asterisk at anime.net
Fri Mar 31 03:00:22 MST 2006

Lonnie Abelbeck wrote:
>  <asterisk <at> anime.net> writes:
>> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Giridhar Reddy Bandi wrote:
>>> I am looking at purchasing some DID lines from Teliax to install it on my
>>> asterisk.
>>> i would like to know some feed back on "Teliax" before i purchase.
>>> suggest me if there are better sevice providers.
>> I have had issues with termination on teliax. Callers tell me I sound
>> choppy to them. Teliax origination has no problems at all strangely
>> enough.
> If you used SIP instead of IAX2 with Teliax you will have better quality
> calls.
>  The 'choppy' sound occurs with IAX2 and not SIP at Teliax.
> I can recommend Teliax, but use SIP.

But I _am_ using SIP. I tried all the various teliax gateways
including the beta test ones and had choppiness with all of them.

As I said before, teliax origination had no choppiness problems at all.
Only termination had issues.

I had no problems - termination or origination - with junction networks,
despite the fact they had 3x higher latency than teliax. JN is more
expensive than teliax though.

Also, I have talked to others who had similar choppiness problems with
teliax. So it's not just me.

-Dan