[Asterisk-Users] How to check if a phone / line is used?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Fri Mar 31 01:09:55 MST 2006

In the past I used SetGroup and CheckGroup to figure out if my allowed
providers lines are all used or not.
Since most of my provider have given me a single line anyway, I wonder
if there is a way to check if this (provider) line is taken already.

How can I do that?

Same is with the phone. How can I see in CLI if a phone is now in use or
not?
"Sip show peers" shows me just if it is on-line, but not if it is in a
call or not.
In the dialplan I could dial the number and if it is busy, it would go
to the Voicemail for unavailable or busy. I expect that there is just a
test function as well, without trying to call.

bye

Ronald Wiplinger