[Asterisk-Users] Config TE110P and TDM400 with 2 FXS modules

pdhales at optusnet.com.au pdhales at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 30 16:42:33 MST 2006

WaitExten perhaps?

Paul Hales
Technical Manager
AsteriskIT

> Dennis <dennis at uniware.com.au> wrote:

Hi,

Let me explain a little about our system here first.

We have a Digium TE110P card hooked up to an isdn 30 line. (Australia -
EuroISDN) This works fine.

We also have a Digium TDM400P with 2 FXS modules installed. (The green
modules)

The /etc/zaptel.conf file has nothing but the following in it.

-=-=-=-

span=1,1,1,ccs,hdb3,crc4

dchan=16

bchan=1-15,17-31

defaultzone=au

loadzone=au

##tdm card

fxoks=33-34

-=-=-=-

The /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf has been stripped down to include only the
following.

-=-=-=-

[trunkgroups]

[channels]

language=en

rxwink=300

usecallerid=yes

hidecallerid=no

callwaiting=yes

usecallingpres=yes

callwaitingcallerid=yes

threewaycalling=yes

transfer=yes

canpark=yes

cancallforward=yes

callreturn=yes

rxgain=0.0

txgain=0.0

group=1

callgroup=1

pickupgroup=1

immediate=yes

faxdetect=both

jitterbuffers=24

signalling=pri_cpe

switchtype=euroisdn

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=yes

echotraining=400

context=default

channel => 1-15,17-31 ; Set this to 1-15,17-31 for E1

signalling=fxs_ks

context=uniware_sendfax

channel =>33-34

-=-=-=-

What we want to be able to do is plug a standard telephone into an fxs port
on the tdm card, and have it get a line from the E1 when the handset is
picked up.

The problem is that when the handset is picked up, the phone automatically
gets picked up by asterisk as an incoming call, and the call is managed by
the incoming call part of the extensions.conf.

IE: the part of the extensions.conf with the following line.

Exten => s,1,MakeReceptionPhoneRing.

This is fantastic if I needed an instant dial to chat with our receptionist.

What I was expecting was that it would go to the part in the extensions.conf
where it detects the numbers dialed.

Ie:

exten => _NXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN}|20,t)

Thus allowing us to dial a number and have asterisk direct it to the
appropriate outgoing line.

I could possibly be going about this completely the wrong way. Ideally I
would have thought that a bridge between cards was possible outside of
asterisk.

Any ideas or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

--Dennis