[Asterisk-Users] Reload astdb?

Boris Bakchiev boris at jildent.com.au
Thu Mar 30 15:40:52 MST 2006

> This doesn't answer the original question - why do you need to reload
it?

I'll give you an example.

An Active<->Active asterisk cluster.

In the event one of the servers dies, the other server can take over
without loosing registrations. Since most of the SIP clients know how to
use DNS failovers its up to asterisk to do its part :)

I don't understand why cat we use realtime for it? For sites that need
to chare registrations (for whatever the valid or non-valid reasons
anyone could think of) they should be able to use realtime architecture
instead of astdb.  Mind you that only sites that know what they doing
will utilise that, so I don't think it will create a major support
headache.

Allowing users to select realtime or astdb is another step close to a
reliable "carrier grade" asterisk active-active cluster :)

This is just my 0.01c :)