[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Hylafax, on the same box

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Mar 30 14:39:40 MST 2006

Hi,

I thought I'd check in with people here.  Lets say I wanted to put together
a Hylafax server, and an Asterisk server on the same box.  And, for the sake
of making things simple, I wanted to use a single T1 board for both....

Is this possible?  I see Eicon boards are supported by both software, so
could I have Hylafax and Asterisk installed on a server with an Eicon card,
with channels split between Hylafax and Asterisk?  Or even just being
bridged by Asterisk to Hylafax, somehow?

Could I get away with just one T1, or would i need 2? (one for each
software?)

I know this question is somewhat open-ended, but Im very curious on how to
make the most popular open source PBX work with what seems to be the most
popular open source fax server (my perception: I`ve never tried anything
with Hylafax)

Mike