[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk in production as a fax server, anyone?

Don Pobanz asterisk at hastingsutilities.com
Thu Mar 30 12:47:22 MST 2006

Adolfo R. Brandes wrote:
> Lee Howard wrote:
>> However, based on the comments you give I'd suspect that you're having
>> what people seem to be calling "frame slipping".  There seem to be
>> some motherboards that react poorly with Zap cards (or their
>> respective drivers) and cause that.  Your zttest results should be
>> revealing here.

Frame slips are NOT motherboard related!

A Frame slip is due to clocks at opposite ends of a circuit such as a T1
running at different speeds. Either a buffer overflows and one frame is
thrown away or there is no data when a frame is needed so the previous
frame is repeated.

The solution is to have one end of the circuit supply the clock and the
other end derive the clock from the incoming signal.

Don Pobanz