[Asterisk-Users] 'sip show users' shows NAT RFC3581

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:09:31 MST 2006

Looked around a little.  If you set nat=never, then it won't set the
phone to RFC3581... I haven't tested it, but you may want to try it :)

Aaron

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/sip_nat_oneway_or_no_audio_asterisk.html
"Nat=

->This option determines the type of setting for users trying to connect
to an asterisk server.

Possible values:

a) NAT=Yes, true, y, t, 1, on

All these values have the same behaviour, a combination of the options
Route + rfc3581.

b) Nat=route:

Asterisk will send the audio to the port and ip where its receiving the
audio from. Instead of relying on the addresses in the SIP and SDP
messages.

This will only work if the phone behind nat send and receive audio on the
same port and if they send and receive the signaling on the same port.
(The signaling port does not have to be the same as the RTP audio port).

c) NAT=rfc3581

This is the default behaviour, is no nat=… line is found for that user,
this is the option used.

Asterisk will add an rport to the via header of the SIP messages, as
described in rfc3581 (see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3581.html), this
will allow a client to request that the server send the response back to
the source IP address and port where the request came from. The "rport"
parameter is analogous to the "received" parameter in the VIA line, except
"rport" contains a port number, not the IP address.

d) NAT=never

This will cause asterisk not to add an rport "rport" in the VIA line of
the sip invite header, as introduced in rfc3581. (see
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3581.html) as some sip ua’s seem to have
problems with them. (one of those UAs being the Uniden SIP phone UIP200
– Olle E. Johanson.)
"