[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk in production as a fax server, anyone?

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 30 10:09:34 MST 2006

Hi Adolfo,

I have done this and it works.  I have maxed out an E1 with 30 concurrent
calls of which at least 25 would have been fax.

Hardware is nothing special, Dell Poweredge 750, 512mb ram, single SATA
drive with either of a TE410p or TE110p card.  OS is FC2 with kernel 2.6.9
I expect the server would handle 60 concurrent calls.  Asterisk is 1.0.10
with spandsp 0.0.2pre25 and libtiff 3.5.7

Email me privately if you want more details.

Craig