[Asterisk-Users] Span monitoring

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Thu Mar 30 09:11:21 MST 2006

Sorry to asked the question here. Just found out that it actually generate an event. My T1 is being installed right now, just to want to what to expect.

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of Kevin P. Fleming
Sent: Thu 3/30/2006 10:57 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Span monitoring

Wai Wu wrote:

> Does Asterisk have builtin (T1 or E1) span monitoring? If a span goes
> down, will asterisk know about it. Personally, I would like to have a
> event generated through the Manager API interface.

Have you actually tried this? It takes all of about 10 seconds to answer
this question yourself... In any case, yes, Asterisk will know that all
the B channels went into alarm, and if a PRI is in use on that span,
that the D channel also went into alarm. It does not have a concept of a
'span' though.

I don't believe there is currently an AMI event generated for Zap
channel alarms, but it would certainly be trivial to add one.