[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as Voicemail Server for Option 61c?

Greg Camp Greg.Camp at ExcellSvcs.com
Thu Mar 30 07:47:39 MST 2006

We have set it up on an 81C and an 11C using PRI as the interface.  The
only issue we've run into is that the 81C shows the full 10-digit caller
ID value instead of the 4-digit extension.  We don't have that issue on
the 11C for some reason.  It may have to do with having networking
enabled (so we can force unique caller ID values down the central office
PRI lines).

Take a look at the directions in asterisk-meridian-a1.pdf (linked at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+legacy+integration).  That
should give you a good head start.

We used a TE110P card in the * system and found that, for whatever
reason, if you need to take down the line between * and the Meridian,
you need to leave the line down for 45s - 1 minute.  If you don't, the
channels will come up in MBSY or FE MBSY and stay that way.  I don't
know why, but it is very consistent on our system.

Thanks,
Greg