[Asterisk-Users] Audio problem

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu Mar 30 06:14:16 MST 2006

I have a problem with audio and hope that somebody can give me some
hints how to track it down and eventually solve it:

I got 4 phones, lets give them numbers:

100 and 200 are in my office, they can reach each other without problems
300 and 400 are outside of my office, each on a different ADSL

100 can call 300, can call 400 without any audio problem
200 can not call 300 or 400 successfully, the phone rings but only one
way or even no audio at all.
300 and 400 can successfully call 100 and 200 !!!!

100 and 200 are on an internal LAN (192.168.x.x) with asterisk on the
same LAN with one Ethernet and with a public IP on the other side of
asterisk.
I have a default router from DHCP set to get all traffic to another
gateway 192.168.x.y

300                                    400
    \ (NAT)               (NAT) /
     \                                   /
     ====I N T E R N E T ====
            |                            |
         (asterisk)              IP sharing
               \                       /
         --- internal network ---
               100             200

All settings at 100 and 200 are identical, except MAC address, given
DHCP IP address, phone number and the password.

Nat traversal    disabled      (but I tried also enabled and stun with
nat addr stun01.sipphone.com)

Any ideas?????

bye

Ronald Wiplinger