[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Tools for OSX

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 16:04:34 MST 2006

Hello Asterisk Users,

I am an Objective-C enthusiast and have been writing some clever tools
to integrate Asterisk functionality with Mac OS X applications.

Please find my project on http://www.sf.net/projects/astrxtools4osx/

The objectives of my project are as follows

1. Implement an Objective-C framework to communicate effectively with
the Asterisk Management Interface

2. Address Book plugin to enable call back functionality

3. A System Preferences pane to allow administrators to easily
configure Asterisk options on a Mac

4. Dashboard Widget that allows users to quickly call arbitary numbers

5. iTunes integration to stop and star iTunes to play when the phone rings etc.

The source code is in pre-Alpha stage at the moment but I am hoping to
release a Beta at the end of next week. Please feel free to download
and use these extensions. I hope they turn out to be useful and would
appreciate any feedback.

Devraj