[Asterisk-Users] Unable to authenticate password - VM

Balint Kovacs balint.kovacs at moveonerelo.com
Tue Mar 28 10:27:23 MST 2006

Ben,

The first thing I would check is if DTMF mode is set up correctly for
your SIP channel. The Voicemail application is trying to read the user
and password as DTMF tones and if it can't, it will take it as empty.
That is why there is nothing between the '' marks. dtmfmode = auto in
sip.conf works for me in most cases with asterisk 1.2.x.

Balint