[Asterisk-Users] Set caller ID for outgoing PRI calls

Dmitry Ivanov dimss at telecentrs.lv
Tue Mar 28 05:19:00 MST 2006

Hallo!

Finally we have E1 PRI connected to our Asterisk box. Now I have one
question.

My internal extensions (_XXX) are SIP phones connected to Asterisk. Our
telco routes some public numbers (_71602XX and others) to our Asterisk
via E1. Some internal extensions can be reached from outside using
public numbers (e.g. 7160234 -> 200), and some others cannot. Everyone
can call outside numbers from our network.

How can I set caller id to something meaningful when they are calling
outside? For example, 201 -> 7160201, 202 -> 3678685, etc. If I send
incorrect caller id, my telco overrides it to first number from my
block (7160200).