[Asterisk-Users] Dial out .call files File permissions??

Tomislav Vojvodic tomislav at vox-mundi.net
Tue Mar 28 03:16:25 MST 2006

If you put 777 on some file, that means that anyone can read/write/execute
that file.. I think that file ownership isn't important in that case, but if
you want to set 'precise' permissions so that only user 'asterisk' can deal
with it.. then type

chmod 644 filename (owner can read/write, others can only read)

..or

chmod 600 filename (only owner can read/write)

..and set file ownership to asterisk user (make sure that asterisk is really
running under asterisk user)

chown asterisk.asterisk filename

---

Just for the record, I'm really new with * so it is possible that what I'm
saying isn't correct. This is actually a linux question..

Anywayz, hope this helps.

Tomislav