[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 301 is slow

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Mon Mar 27 11:51:09 MST 2006

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 08:03:55PM -0600, Darrick Hartman said:
> Denis Galv?o - iSolve wrote:
> >The worst thing on all Polycom IP phones is the speaker phone's poor
> >quality. You could not have a conference call using the speakers, only
> >the head phone.
>
> WHAT!  The Polycom phones that have speaker phone features (the 50x/60x)
> are great speaker phones.  The 301 is not an speaker phone.  It only has
> a listen-only hands free setup.

In fact, the speaker phone is so good, most people can't tell that I'm
on a speakerphone and are surprised when I tell them.

I regularly use the phone both as a local conference phone and as a
member in a conference with other people on speakerphones too. No issues
at all, and great sound quality.

The only conference phone I found that is better is one of the dedicated
conference phones such as the 4000 or the old analog versions of it.