[Asterisk-Users] Polycoms and hints

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:01:28 MST 2006

 On 3/27/06, Aaron Daniel <amdtech at shsu.edu> wrote:
> How does the hinting work on the polycoms?  I've got a polycom set up with
> hinting, I can see when the shared line rings, but I can't tell if
> someone's on the line.  Any suggestions?

 Shared lines still don't work with Asterisk on the polycoms. To get
hinting working, you need to enable the presence feature in sip.cfg if
it's not enabled already and then put in a "buddy" in your <mac
address>-directory.xml file and then enable the "buddy watch" feature
with <bw>1</bw> in the contact for the one you want to watch.

 This should then cause the phone to subscribe to the Asterisk server
for the hint.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/