[Asterisk-Users] Testing asterisk faxing functionality

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 09:16:47 MST 2006

I was playing with the fax stuff over IP on Friday. Unless you're
receiving faxes from a PSTN circuit, it doesn't work so well.

Also, I don't think you can chain txfax and rxfax like that. When you
hit the s,2 part, it's going to play the fax out to the handset you
dialed from. You'll need something like hylafax to send the fax.

And you probably want to call Dial(Local/1234567 at context) to call a
local extension..