[Asterisk-Users] Alarmreciver

Shane Young asterisk at ShaneYoung.com
Mon Mar 27 00:56:57 MST 2006

Quoting Andrew Nowrot <andrew.nowrot at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Did anyone try to set up alarmreceiver application over IP network? Which
> ATA can I use? I tried to set up it with Linksys PAP-2 but with no luck.
> Maybe I did something wrong with alarmreceiver.conf (I tried diverse
> settings, but nothing worked).
> Sometimes alarmreceiver is able to get some events but sometimes not. I
> think Linksys PAP-2 has a problem with recognizing digits in appropriate
> way.

I've been using it for a couple of years and it works great.

I've found that some SIP devices need to be set to In-Band for DTMF signalling.  This will also
force you to use G.711.

It seems the contactID format is really picky about timing and some SIP devices seem to fiddle
around with the timing when doing out of band DTMF.