[Asterisk-Users] 3Com Phones

Radcliffe bigbird at kwamt.com
Sun Mar 26 11:20:56 MST 2006

   Hi Daniel,

   If you are not locked in to an asterisk solution, I have a friend I
have done a couple of network/phone systems with.  I am also looking at
Asterisk but have not gotten into it that far.

   Rich Radcliffe
   Kondor Waffenamt
   (760) 240-4728
   bigbird at kwamt.com

>>> daniel at highdesertchurch.com 3/26/2006 9:55:38 AM >>>
Drat, because the 3Com phones looked pretty good for the price. :)
Is there somewhere that has a compatibility list for Asterisk with
all the phones that are known to work/not work with Asterisk; since
apparently VoIP phone companies incorrectly state that they support
the SIP protocol (I don't consider, "we support SIP as long as it
only talks to our server because we tweaked it just a bit" to be
"supported").

I am looking for a good 60 phones.  We are upgrading our entire phone

system (and *old* NEC PBX).  We don't need anything fancy on most of
the phones, just the "usual" mid-size business features.
Speakerphone, Hold, Park, Transfer, Voicemail; and we need at least 2

attendant stations that can see all in-use phone lines.  We are
trying to keep the costs (relatively) down, hence using Asterisk
instead of a full commercial solution.  It is very disconcerting to
know the providers are essentially lying about what their phones
support. (3Com states their phones are SIP compatible, not 3Com's
version of SIP compatibile).

Thanks for the info, hopefully somebody will have some
recommendations for a good phone brand that actually IS Asterisk
compatible.

Daniel