[Asterisk-Users] Copying SIP Subscriptions

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sun Mar 26 10:27:08 MST 2006

Thanks to SER, each of our Asterisk servers knows the address of every phone. Any asterisk system can terminate a call to any phone. So, all we would need would be for the asterisk system that terminates the call to also have a copy of the subscription, and voila... it sends a NOTIFY back to the phone (well actually it sends it back to SER cuz that's where the SUBSCRIBE came from).

Actually, while the above is true, I'd really like to get rid of SER alltogether. It's just an extra moving part that can break.

So.. I don't know. Unfortunately Asterisk is really lacking in this area. It'd be great if there was some way to distribute registrations and subscriptions between a cluster of servers. That would rock.

Doug.