[Asterisk-Users] RE: IAX Incoming/Outgoing

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Mar 25 11:45:30 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> This is INSANE! My calling system has this iax.conf:

Search the archives for mails about separating originations/terminations
by removing all friends and setting up the various interoperating boxes
in a peer-user arrangement.

I am pretty certain there are archived mails that urge people who use
IAX to do that, and indicating that the various possible ambiguities
with IAX friends is not a Good Thing.

That would seem borne out by your experiences.

I would also follow the time-honored programming technique of removing
many of your constraints (keys, allow/disallows, etc.) in order to
remove as many causes of uncertainty as possible.  Then once the boxes
are talking those things can be added back in a controlled manner.  To
my eyes your configurations have an awful lot of variable factors.

Just where the insanity lies is another issue, which I don't care to get
into at the present time :-)

B.