[Asterisk-Users] 3Com Phones

Curt Shaffer cshaffer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 05:49:05 MST 2006

I would not recommend the 3Com phones. I know to get most of them to even
work on 3Com systems you need to purchase licenses. For the prices you want
to pay you would definitely be better off going with something else.

 The list price for the 3101 is $155
 The list price for the 3102 is $240
 The list price for the 3103 is $365
 The list price for the 3105 is $255

Phone licensing is list price of about $135/year

Of course a partner could probably give you a little better of a deal
depending on your relationship with them. I am freshly out of a 3Com only
world so I cannot point you in the exact direction but I am sure you can get
comparable phones from places like Polycom and others. Maybe these prices
can give others on the list an idea of what you are looking at spending. I
would stay away from anything 3Com if you want a compatible, fully
functional system (Pretty scary statement from being certified in 3Com IP
telephony ;))

Curt