SV: [Asterisk-Users] re: Sound issues on SIP-SIP calls

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Mar 24 17:28:54 MST 2006

Asterisk only supports echocancel on PSTN (zap) interfaces.  Echo needs
to be canceled out at the PSTN<->VoIP interface.  Calls that are all
VoIP can't have echo.  If they have echo then you can, with confidence,
blame the SIP phone.

Here's another example:
   Analog Phone -> SIP ATA -> Asterisk -> SIP Phone

The SIP ATA should be the device canceling out the echo.