[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Failover without SER

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Mar 24 12:46:59 MST 2006

Don't quite follow. If the phones have a backup proxy configured, wouldn't that mean they would only register with that backup proxy if the primary was unavailable? In that case, they'd only be registered with a single proxy, not two.

We're using polycom phones... they support DNS SRV and seem to work (mostly) well. Phones haven't seemed to have been the issue.