[Asterisk-Users] Transferring a call with IAX

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Mar 24 12:40:56 MST 2006

Here's an interesting question:

If I transfer a call from Asterisk system to another with IAX, is there any way I can get control back on the original system? Or.. do I lose control, and the dialplan has to continue on the new system?

Scenario is we transfer calls to an Asterisk system that handles ACD queues. If the ACD queue times out, we want to send the caller to voicemail on another Asterisk system, also via IAX. Can I get control back on the original system, and transfer it to voicemail from there, or do I have to transfer it from the ACD box?

Thanks,
Doug.