[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501's for sale

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Fri Mar 24 11:47:40 MST 2006

From: Martin Joseph <ast at stillnewt.org>

It sounds to me like you are suggesting that a QoS infrastructure can
be utilized over the internet at large?  Is this only true for big guys
that have an SLA in place?

I would love to discover some QoS mechanism that is respected in
general,  but that doesn't seem to be the case?  Even Speakeasy, when I
called them to see if there was an existing QoS modality in place on
there network,  refused to provide any info.

This seems like the single biggest problem for a broader adoption of
Voip ?

With Speakeasy, you get a point to point connection like DSL or T-1 to their facility.  Presumably from there, they can give QoS through to the TDM network on their own facilities.  But I'm assuming...

Also, I've received offers of MPLS service from vendors that will tie multiple locations together.  I guess one could leverage such an offering to effectively share a TDM gateway among geographically dispersed service sites for VoIP.