[Asterisk-Users] VoIP QoS monitoring and failover re-routing

Tristram Graham callingtris at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 11:11:26 MST 2006

Hi,

I am looking at a project which requires VoIP QoS monitoring and failover
re-routing to PSTN, without dropping the call ideally. While I have hardware
solutions available such as the Quintum Tenor series, I see no reason why
Asterisk can't have this feature with some effort obviously. Plus I note it
is on the wish list at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Wishlist
(last item under "General").

As part of my investigation, I was wondering if anyone has any information
on projects or tools for Asterisk that move towards this feature? My initial
searches has only revealed commercial tools, academic studies and manual
tools for QoS. But nothing directly related to this feature in Asterisk.
Either way, I'd certainly be happy to help with any existing efforts or
seeing if time can be found to implement into Asterisk from scratch.

Thanks, Tris