[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Failover without SER

Bryan Mahin bryanm at uneta.com
Fri Mar 24 10:55:38 MST 2006

Hello all, I first want to thank everyone for all your contributions.
I've building an asterisk system for a month or so now and without
everyone in the online asterisk community I wouldn't have made it this
far yet. Thanks! ...ok, mushiness out of the way.. :)

I am looking for a failover and ultimately a load balancing asterisk
solution. I've done a good bit of research and I haven't really found
any information for implementing an Asterisk only failover or load
balancing solution. Everyone seems to use SER along with asterisk to
accomplish this goal. SER with asterisk may be in my future, but for now
I need to get this system up and running.

I've setup heartbeat (ultramonkey), and are able to take my primary box
offline and have the second machine take over, but it isn't working in
regards to asterisk. I can't register phones to the virtual ip. I can
ssh into the virtual ip but my soft phones wont register. I get the
following error. Is this normal?

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of setup without the use
of SER?

Bryan Mahin

Please visit us @ www.uneta.com