[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360 problems

Brian Kennedy bofh at essig.com
Fri Mar 24 10:41:26 MST 2006

Anyone have a Snom they're happy with?   How did you manage that?  :)

I have a system of:

Asterisk 1.2.3
2 Wildcard TDM400P  Rev I and E/F
1 Snom 360 + sidecar
~15 Sipura/Linsys SPA-841
~15 Grandstream 101

Everything (currently) is on the same network, not a router to be seen
between any two.  Also everything, except the snom, is working sweetly.

The main problem is ECHO.. awful echo and only on the Snom.  When using
a Zap line or to another sip phone.  I've tweaked the * for echo and
managed to only create echo and piss everyone else off, pounded the
settings in the Snom trying to find anything, and updated the firmware
to Application-Version:snom360-SIP 5.2 Rootfs-Version:snom360 jffs2
v3.36 after noticing a changelog that sounded like it may have related
to echo.  Not even a slight reduction in echo so far.

A second serious problem is Call join.   Even with "Call join on Xfer (2
calls)" OFF if the user is doing a transfer of one call when a second
starts ringing the 2 callers get bridged, no transfer.  Really nice, now
I have two customers talking to each other with no clue what's going on
and neither gets who they were trying to reach.

Any ideas on what I can try next?

Thanks...
...Brian