[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Users

Gary Richardson gary.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 08:46:45 MST 2006

We've been running on an ICS7750 for almost 4 years. It's ridiculously
expensive. We've looked at the cost of setting up call center like
features, call recording etc and it boils down to a forklift upgrade
that will end up costing anywhere from $100-$250K. That's partially
our problem, since we bought the ICS unit in the first place.

Plus, the ICS7750 in particular has been very unreliable for us. The
switching backplain died 3 times in it. The memory for the SPE blades
was underspeced for unity (especially after SQL server memory leaks).

We never upgraded off of callmanager 3.2. We got our system barely
stable, but never working properly. It seems like every time I walk
past it in the lan room, somethings goes wrong. TAC couldn't really
solve our problems. The software itself is far too complex and
unstable. It takes 15-25 screens to configure a new user with
voicemail. We've never be able to properly use conference bridges --
they die after 3 minutes.

Possibly CCM4/5 is better. We'll never know at this point.

I suppose I'm just whining now. Cisco has tried really hard to help us out.

-- A jaded Cisco user.