[Asterisk-Users] PSTN to Asterisk VOIP in Manila

Lawrence Jovellanos ljovellanos at orioncommunications.com
Fri Mar 24 06:40:30 MST 2006

Hi,

VoIP in the Philippines can be done, HOWEVER, you will be buying your E1R2
from either Globe, Bayantel, PLDT, or Digitel. You have no other choice,
most of the time you will only have 1 carrier serving the area, Philippines
has been subdivided into what is called as congressional franchise areas for
carriers.

Once these carriers detect what you are doing then may/will do things that
can make it more expensive for you if not impossible.

I have seen companies doing VoIP move from place to place & change business
names just to go around this carrier imposed "hardship" of doing VoIP in the
Philippines.

If the question is can it be done - YES

It is legal - now YES, before NO

Lawrence