[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 501's for sale

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Thu Mar 23 23:26:28 MST 2006

On Mar 23, 2006, at 6:58 PM, BJ Weschke wrote:
>  We run into situations like this often as well, and it's truly
> unfortunate, because it gives our industry and the technology driving
> it a bad name, and like you, some customers want to go back to TDM and
> have nothing to do with VoIP at all because they find "safety" again
> in a PRI/T1/POTS relationship where there's one carrier whom you have
> an SLA with and you can beat them up when something's not working.
> I look forward to the day when "full service solutions providers"
> consider the network in addition to just the application and don't
> consider a public internet IP connection, sans any QoS infrastructure,
> to your run of the mill volume ITSP "carrier grade".

It sounds to me like you are suggesting that a QoS infrastructure can
be utilized over the internet at large?  Is this only true for big guys
that have an SLA in place?

I would love to discover some QoS mechanism that is respected in
general,  but that doesn't seem to be the case?  Even Speakeasy, when I
called them to see if there was an existing QoS modality in place on
there network,  refused to provide any info.

This seems like the single biggest problem for a broader adoption of
Voip ?

Marty