[Asterisk-Users] Re: Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:31:17 MST 2006

On 3/23/06, Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:
> I don't know why the situation is different, but we've been using Polycom phones with BLF, and it's ok. I'm using Asterisk 1.2.5, and a 'reload' will clear sip subscriptions and BLF, but a 'sip reload' does not.

 It's different because chan_sip is really doing nothing more than
responding to the core's request for that hint/watcher to go away
which will happen when the core is reloaded. By only doing a "sip
reload", you aren't invoking a reload of the core and the
extensions/dial plans themselves so chan_sip will never see the
request for the extension to be removed and will therefore never act
on it for subscriptions that are signed up to watch it.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/