[Asterisk-Users] Netgear FS116P and Cisco 79XX phones

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Thu Mar 23 17:58:07 MST 2006

Pavel / Joseph - I think I have something that will solve your dilemma.
Powersense make an IEEE 802.3af to Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) converter
which should work with your Netgear switch.  You need (1) for each Cisco
phone.  You run RJ45 out of your Netgear PoE Switch, into the PowerSense
module, and then RJ45 out of the module, to your Cisco phone.  The converter
modules run around $20/ea.

a.. BL-8858-01 PoE Connector allows a Cisco 7900 series IP phone to take
Power over Ethernet from an IEEE 802.3af style Ethernet switch or mid-span
power injector.

Cory J Andrews
VOIPSupply.com
454 Sonwil Drive