[Asterisk-Users] Fw: anybody has SIP realtime working ?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Mar 23 17:05:38 MST 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 14:54, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Ok Andrew. Here's one for you... I just changed qualify from yes to no in
> the database... a 'sip show peers' still showed Asterisk as qualifying the
> users... I had to do a reload to get to accept the change to the database.

Aaron's already replied to this and your next post too... you are caching the
DB entries; of *course* it's not going to update.

There is no mechanism in place for the DB to tell Asterisk that a row changed
and that the cache is invalid.  If you are using the cache in Asterisk you
must manually clear out the peer entry to get the new value, or simply wait
for the new registration. I can't think of any other system which magically
knows when the DB changes from underneath it and it's been explicitly told to
cache the entry.

-A.