[Asterisk-Users] PSTN to Asterisk VOIP in Manila

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Thu Mar 23 13:31:35 MST 2006

asterisk-user at dualcall.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm sure you can use the Asterisk as an IP PBX.
> Good luck
>
> Madhawa
>
> Matt wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Does anyone know the legalities of connecting an Asterisk box to the
>> PSTN in Manila or where I can find this info out?   I know it is
>> illegal in some countries.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> -Matt

I posted this last year:
http://news.inq7.net/infotech/index.php?index=1&story_id=57657

VoIP was declared legal last August but subject to the NTC guidelines.

Lately, I read that PLDT had lost a case against a company using grey
routes.
Their argument was that long distance calls were their personal property
and hence the act of not using PLDT's gateways constituted theft.
It was thrown out by the Supreme court of the Philippines.

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=news06_mar06_2006

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.