[Asterisk-Users] Realtime Query

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Mar 23 12:32:58 MST 2006

> I believe he was trying to *help* you, and since the dialplan file is
the
> primary determinant of system behavior (i.e. that's "why it matters") he
> would be much more able to comment upon your complaint.
>
> He would be looking for problems in the dialplan that might explain the
> behavior that led to your complaint.

Thank you.  I wasn't planning on responding originally.

The first and foremost thing to check is almost ALWAYS the dialplan.  The
first place I look when there's a problem on our system is the dialplan,
since there's often something in there that I didn't account for, so
naturally, the first thing I ask for when troubleshooting is the dialplan.
>From there you move on to any settings or modifications that were made
either to asterisk or other files.  The process of elimination is what I
usually go for.

We're here to help, don't respond negatively when you post something to
the list and people ask for information Doug.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician
amdtech at shsu.edu