[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Users

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Mar 23 10:57:23 MST 2006

The 1300 phones we're moving over in the next two months are being moved
off of cisco.  The reason we're moving them over is a) cost and b)
security.  From the cost perspective, we're paying a yearly license fee
for the servers themselves, as well as a per phone license for both the
connection to the call manager and the voicemail.  Also, with the cisco
system, we've had to isolate the entire voice network since cisco only
allows "approved" windows updates on their system.  With Asterisk, TCO is
much lower, the only yearly price they have to pay is the one that goes in
my pocket, and no licensing fees per phone. Win/Win if you ask me :)

Aaron