[Asterisk-Users] 7970 SIP Firmware; SIP 8.2 for 7940/7960

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Mar 23 09:52:51 MST 2006

> It's sorta like cisco wants to punish customers for daring to use SIP instead
> of SCCP.

That's been my theory all along.  Ever since we started converting over
phones, people have the same complaints, and they're always complaints
about the firmware capabilities.  One big one (and this is probably not a
concern for most people) but the SIP firmware doesn't let you dial before
picking up the phone, but SCCP does.  Not a show stopper, but just one of
the annoying things they've done.

--
Aaron Daniel
Computer Systems Technician